Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Export linear location information for switch tip/left/right branch and crossings
Re: Export linear location information for switch tip/left/right branch and crossings [message #3222 is a reply to message #3221] Fri, 22 March 2024 17:37 Go to previous message
Larissa Zhuchyi is currently offline  Larissa Zhuchyi
Regarding the first question: The addition of three linear locations I do not understand at fool extent, because the topology of a switch is already determined by left, right branches and application direction. If they are needed to model temporary speed restrictions maybe they should be children of <speedSection>. Then again if the netElementRef of the linear location of <speedSection> is the same as the net element of netRelationRef of right/<leftBranch> then it applies to the left, right or tip branch.

If you want to state that all the three topology net elements are covered by a railway switch and you have the exact coordinates to indicate to which extent then <areaLocation> seems to be a better solution.

Regarding the second question: please see the guide on crossings of the Wiki of railML3 [1] (section 2) for modelling of a crossing as a combination of switch/@type="doubleSwitchCrossing" and two elements switch/@type="switchCrossingPart" with @applicationDirection "normal" and "reverse". I think this approach was developed specifically for your problem to determine whether "netElement belongs to upper-left, lower-left, upper-right and lower-right".

Please let me know whether:

(1) linear locations can be children of <speedSection> in your model or there is still a need to place them inside a switch;

(2) approach [1] meets your requirements for the crossings.

[1] https://wiki3.railml.org/wiki/Dev:Double_and_single_switch_c rossing

Larissa Zhuchyi – Ontology Researcher
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railML3] Positioning approach
Next Topic: [railML 3] railway signal modeling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 13:55:48 CEST 2024