Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3] meaning and purpose of speedSection.isTemporary is unclear
[railML3] meaning and purpose of speedSection.isTemporary is unclear [message #3009] Sat, 04 June 2022 22:43 Go to previous message
Jörgen Strandberg is currently offline  Jörgen Strandberg
Hi,

Looking at railML 3.2 (and probably versions before it too) a speedSection may be defined as temporary using the dedicated isTemporary attribute. The XML Schema and the wiki documents it like this:

"isTemporary: boolean value to indicate whether the speed section is temporary (optional; xs:boolean)"

From <https://wiki3.railml.org/wiki/IS:speedSection#3.2>

As I can find no further documentation and this concept is unknown to me I would like to ask if someone here can elaborate on the meaning and purpose of it.

Could it for example be used to define the basis for a TSR such as one defined by ETCS Packet 65 Temporary Speed Restriction?

Or is it possibly overlapping the purpose of isValid (which additionally includes a time interval)?

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railML3] Modelling of bridges
Next Topic: Definition of Actuators (Point machines) for switches, crossings and derailers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 21:50:51 CEST 2024