Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3]crossesElement/[railML2.5]crossedElement (Extension for road types)
Re: [railML3]crossesElement/[railML2.5]crossedElement [message #3012 is a reply to message #2987] Fri, 10 June 2022 14:13 Go to previous message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Dear Torben,

thank you very much for your detailed analysis of the "crossed/crosses element topic" in railML 2 and railML 3. I agree with you that we should try to harmonize the model approaches in both version baselines. In particular, I suggest to stay close to the implementation of <crossesElement>@type in railML 3.2.

Concerning the modelling: railML 3.2 should contain all the required values. If not, please let us know, which values are you missing. Since the enumeration is extendable, you are free to add new values following the general rules of schema extension.

Concerning the documentation: railML 2 schema documentation links very detailed to OpenStreetMap documentation. This detailed documentation is missing in railML 2 Wiki. Therefore, I filed a Git issue [1] for railML 2.x pointing at the missing documentation. Specifically, the detailed schema enumeration value documentation shall be copied into the wiki. In parallel, best practice examples of different types of crossed elements including code snippets could be very helpful for implementation. Therefore, I want to ask the whole railML infrastructure community: If you have real practical (best practice) examples that you can export into the railML format, we will be very happy to see them integrated in our railML 2 wiki.

[1] https://development.railml.org/railml/version2/-/issues/480

Best regards
Christian

Christian Rahmig – Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railML2] Single and double derailer
Next Topic: [railML3] Modelling of bridges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 11:28:46 CEST 2024