Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » @keepsOrientation in Track object (The attribute reference is based on which netElement.)
Re: @keepsOrientation in Track object [message #3099 is a reply to message #2974] Wed, 21 June 2023 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Jan Gruteser is currently offline  Jan Gruteser
Dear all,

I am late to this discussion, but I currently have an implementation that relies heavily on this attribute.

At the moment I am writing my master's thesis at the Heinrich-Heine-University in Düsseldorf in the context of formal methods. We are trying to import railML 3 into the formal B Method, namely ProB (prob.hhu.de), which allows to check and validate properties of the resulting model by formal methods, animation, and also simulation in combination with visualisation.

There is a need to describe formally how the netElements are connected and this is done by (mathematical) relations which take the intrinsic coordinates of the netElements and connects them as stated in netRelations. When defining tracks this is done by linear locations with certain associatedNetElements. As far as I understood, posBegin and posEnd are always used in an increasing way, i.e. posBegin < posEnd, even when the intrinsic coordinates for the netElement according to the specified sequence would decrease. To keep the directional data correct in the formal relation, I use the attribute "keepsOrientation". For me it seems, that it exactly stores this property, i.e. it is true, if posBegin < posEnd and according to the sequence we also travel from 0.0 to 1.0 within the netElement (false otherwise).
In my opinion, this technique can be observed in the Advanced Example.

As this attribute is deprecated now: How can I obtain this information in another way?

Thank you and kind regards
Jan Gruteser

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Extension of railML's Advanced Example