Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » [railML2] Extension proposal: pattern trains, distributions and slots
Re: [railML2] Extension proposal: pattern trains, distributions and slots [message #2666 is a reply to message #2657] Tue, 23 February 2021 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Thomas Nygreen is currently offline  Thomas Nygreen
Dear all,

I have updated the patternTrain implementation, including changes after feedback from the community:
  • same names for descendants of patternTrainPart as trainPart
  • same <times> for patternTrainPart as trainPart (but not allowing scope="actual")
  • removed @numberOfTrainsPer* from patternTrain (always use distributions)
  • moved @interval from patternTrain to distribution/slot
  • removed default for slot/@startTime and made slot/@duration and slot/@numberOfTrains required
  • added reference OCP for distribution
As before, the schema files are available in the patternTrain branch in the SVN repo, along with HTML documentation. The change log can be browsed in Trac if logged in, or using your favourite SVN client.

I have now also added two very simple examples. The first one shows a few options for how to use <distribution> and how to link a patternTrain with the individual resulting trains. The second example shows two patternTrains operating on the same line, one as a regular service and one shorter express service only during rush hours. This second file has no individual trains.

I had thought the easiest way to link the two patternTrains together, to form one service with an increased frequency during rush hours, would be to use trainGroups with the proposed @parentRef attribute. However, a trainGroup must have at least one (individual) train. One option is to also have a @parentRef on patternTrain, to allow a hierarchy of pattern trains. I see another option, which is to move @distributionRef from patternTrain to patternTrainPart, to work in a similar manner as @operatingPeriodRef for normal trainParts. Then both patternTrainParts can be referenced from the same patternTrain.

I welcome any and all input!

Best regards,
Thomas

Thomas Nygreen – Common Schema Coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railML2] Extension proposal: train numbers in <trainGroup> and a "group of groups"
Next Topic: [railML2] Extensions for Announcements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 11:44:21 CEST 2024