Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3] speed at level crossing (how to model the allowed speed at a LX in unprotected mode)
Re: [railML3] speed at level crossing [message #2550 is a reply to message #2547] Fri, 09 October 2020 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Christian,

without being aware the full options in the r3 model, with a view from r2, I would say:

> Is the speed at level crossings in unprotected mode
> direction dependent?

Yes, it surely can be, practically. The modelling depends on whether a <speedSection> applies unconditionally or whether there can be more <speedSection>s at the same place where the lowest applies.

In general, there may be other reasons for direction-dependant speed limits at the very same place of the level crossing. So the resulting permitted speed may be different even in case the unprotected LC itself does not need a direction-dependence. So if there are several speed profiles allowed and the linked <speedSection> is not necessarily the ultimate, it could be enough to link only one.

However, even then I cannot imagine that the LC itself is surely direction-independent when unprotected in all cases and all countries. Local rules should apply then. Can railML foresee all local rules? The motorist must have a chance to see the train for a certain time before the train enters the LC. The visibility of the track from the street can easily be direction-dependent. I think it's on the safe side to allow more than one <speedSection>.

Best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: railML 2.3 infrastructure extension proposal - "change"
Next Topic: Stop strategies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 05:28:22 CEST 2024