Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » How to Indicate a working process when doing a signal redesign.
How to Indicate a working process when doing a signal redesign. [message #2546] Fri, 09 October 2020 13:06 Go to previous message
Georg Boasson is currently offline  Georg Boasson
My name is Georg Boasson and I am working at Bane NOR in Norway with implementing the ETCS signal system.

Bane NOR need to indicate the working process when doing a redesign of our signal systems. This is very valuable information in the migration phase, especially when replacing conventional signals with ETCS signals. So far, we have used an attribute in the Norwegian extension of railML2.4 to indicate "new", "removed" and "modified" elements.

My suggestion for implementation of this feature in railML3.1 will be to use the element <infrastructureState> with the sub-element <elementState> and the attributes @refersToElement and @value.

The elementState@refersToElement attribute will be used to reference any element in the infrastructure model (ex: <SignalIS@id>).

The elementState@value attribute will be used to indicate the state of the referenced element:

Removed @value="disabled" or "closed"
New --> @value="operational"
Modified --> @value="conceptual"
Unchanged --> no @value defined

Is this an acceptable way of implementation? Or anybody have other suggestions?

• Attachment: example.xml
    (Size: 0.60KB, Downloaded 224 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railML3] Left and right track of a two-track line
Next Topic: railML 2.3 infrastructure extension proposal - "change"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 04:27:24 CEST 2024