Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3.1] applicationDirection and placing of elements ([railML3.1] applicationDirection and placing of elements)
Re: [railML3.1] applicationDirection and placing of elements [message #2491 is a reply to message #2482] Mon, 13 July 2020 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Peter Vancsa is currently offline  Peter Vancsa
Hi Christian,
Thank you for the time you put in for the reply,

I would like to add a few more questions to the simple example.

Since the NetElement "ne_b05" is not liked to the linearPositioningSystem "lps01", I should use intrinsic coordinates. However, intrinsic coordinates are linked to positions, so an intrinsic coordinate of 0.5 would directly correlate to a position of half of the length of the net element. With this knowledge, 'pos' always correlates to an exact 'intrinsicCoord', right?

Also, since i know the linearPositioningSystem through one of the netRelations ("nr_b02b05" or "nr_b04b05") of this netElement at intrinsic coordinate 1, i can compute the other one (intrinsic coordinate 0) with the edge direction and the length.
I am not sure what advantages 'intrinsicCoord' have over 'pos' since they always have to correlate to the edge length.

Is there a rule to use 'pos' when the net element is linked to a linearPositioningSystem and 'intrinsicCoord' when it's not?

Considering that the switchIS id="swi03" ("69W04") should have the spotLocation with applicationDirection="reverse", should the continueCourse for this switch not also have be defined as "left"? In the visualization (pdf) of this sample, it looks like the continueCourse is the branchCourse. I am not sure if the visualization is not correct here, or if the definition in the railml file is not precise.
See the attachment "continueCourse.jpg"

And lastly,
The trainDetectionElement id="tde13" has a spotLocation withouh a 'pos' or 'intrinsicCoord' defined, it has however a linearCoordinate with a 'measure'. Is that a valid definition for a spotLocation? Or should I in such a case compute the 'pos' or 'intrinsicCoord' from the linearCoordinate's 'measure'?

best regards,
keep in touch,

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [RailML3] Renaming Track into UsagePattern
Next Topic: Infrastructure data for a train path finding tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 04:53:57 CEST 2024