Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3.1] applicationDirection and placing of elements ([railML3.1] applicationDirection and placing of elements)
Re: [railML3.1] applicationDirection and placing of elements [message #2482 is a reply to message #2469] Fri, 03 July 2020 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Dear Peter,

Peter Vancsa wrote on Fri, 26 June 2020 11:28
Hi everyone,

My name is Peter Vancsa, I am a software-engineer with Siemens in Braunschweig and working on importing a railML-3.1 file into an integrated engineering solution.

Welcome to the railML forum!

Quote:

So, here are a few questions regarding the 'Simple Example' file:

In the example file all bufferStops that are placed at the beginning of a netElement (so pos=0.0 or basically intrinsicCoordinate=0) have the appicationDirection set to "reverse". I was expecting this to be the same for all switchesIS as well, however switchIS "swi03" (69W04) is placed with applicationDirection="normal". Is this a mistake or why is that so?

The switch 69W04 is located on NetElement "ne_b02". And it "functions" as switch (with choice of way) for trains that pass this NetElement in reverse direction. Therefore, you are right: applicationDirection of the switch element need to be corrected from "normal" to "reverse". Thank you!

Quote:

Application direction "normal" corresponds to "up" and "reverse" corresponds to "down". Does "normal" mean the direction of the edge (from intinsicCoordinate 0 to 1)?

Yes, "normal" refers to the orientation 0 to 1 and "reverse" refers to the orientation 1 to 0 from a intrinsicCoordinate point of view.

Quote:

And lastly, the netElement ne_b05 has a length="200", and two intrinsicCoordinates "0" and "1", but no linearCoordinate on any of the two intrinsicCoordinates. Was this forgotten here? I expected an edge to be always defined between two points, either 2 linearCoordinates so that the difference on measure corresponds to the length, or 1 linearCoordinate and the length (which allows the computation of the other one).

The NetElement "ne_b05" is not linked with the line kilometer positioning system described by the linearPositioningSystem "lps01". However, the provided attribute @length="200" gives an information about the physical dimension of this NetElement. Consequently, locations on this NetElement "ne_b05" can only be described with intrinsic coordinates in the range of 0..1.

Best regards
Christian

Christian Rahmig – Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [RailML3] Renaming Track into UsagePattern
Next Topic: Infrastructure data for a train path finding tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 23:55:54 CEST 2024