Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3.1] applicationDirection and placing of elements ([railML3.1] applicationDirection and placing of elements)
[railML3.1] applicationDirection and placing of elements [message #2469] Fri, 26 June 2020 11:28 Go to previous message
Peter Vancsa is currently offline  Peter Vancsa
Hi everyone,

My name is Peter Vancsa, I am a software-engineer with Siemens in Braunschweig and working on importing a railML-3.1 file into an integrated engineering solution.

I am still somewhat a railML beginner, so i inspected the provided 'Simple Example' file from this site in detail to deepen my understanding of railML-3.1.

I believe I understand already several parts of railML, though it is not yet with 100% confidence that my understanding is correct.

So, here are a few questions regarding the 'Simple Example' file:

In the example file all bufferStops that are placed at the beginning of a netElement (so pos=0.0 or basically intrinsicCoordinate=0) have the appicationDirection set to "reverse". I was expecting this to be the same for all switchesIS as well, however switchIS "swi03" (69W04) is placed with applicationDirection="normal". Is this a mistake or why is that so?

Application direction "normal" corresponds to "up" and "reverse" corresponds to "down". Does "normal" mean the direction of the edge (from intinsicCoordinate 0 to 1)?

And lastly, the netElement ne_b05 has a length="200", and two intrinsicCoordinates "0" and "1", but no linearCoordinate on any of the two intrinsicCoordinates. Was this forgotten here? I expected an edge to be always defined between two points, either 2 linearCoordinates so that the difference on measure corresponds to the length, or 1 linearCoordinate and the length (which allows the computation of the other one).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [RailML3] Renaming Track into UsagePattern
Next Topic: Infrastructure data for a train path finding tool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:54:29 CEST 2024