Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » [railML2] Modelling of crossings/overtakings
[railML2] Modelling of crossings/overtakings [message #2401] Wed, 18 March 2020 13:22 Go to previous message
Janne Möller is currently offline  Janne Möller
Dear railML community,

To model a crossing or overtaking procedure between trains, I would like to ask what the best practice for these are.

I would use the element <connection> to

1. Refer to the train the crossing takes place with, and
  2. Specify the sequence of arrival of the trains with @connOperation (where the value "isWaitingFor" describes the train that arrives first and "isExpectedBy" the train that arrives last)
To specify what type of connection (crossing or overtaking) is taking place I would use the element <stopActivity>: @type="occupationCrossing" for a crossing, and @type="occupationBlock" for overtaking. Following the definition of these types, they describe "stop caused by ...", so these values (and <stopActivity> generally) are only to be used for a stopping train.

My question is how to specify the type of connection for the not-stopping train? Could stopActivity@type be used for passing trains too? As an example, the element <stopDescription> is also used if the attribute ocpTT@ocpType is set to "pass".

What are your thoughts on this?
Thanks in advance for your input!

Best regards,
Janne Möller

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Extension of Enum @trainUsage of <category>
Next Topic: Current status of railML 3.2 TT modelling (sneak peek)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:49:09 CEST 2024