Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » Extension suggestion for alternativeSectionTT (railML2, railML2.5, railML3 dev suggestion, nor:alternativeSectionTT)
Re: Extension suggestion for alternativeSectionTT [message #2548 is a reply to message #2545] Fri, 09 October 2020 15:33 Go to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Milan,

we are by far not happy about this decision. We see raised effort on import and the danger for uncontrolled growth due to the overlay of this and other solutions how to encode certain situations.

If railML introduces this <alternativeSectionsTT>, I expect a clear rule when and for what to use it on export. I see many potential alternative routes which could be exported and we must avoid misunderstandings. For instance, in Germany, it is common that nearly all trains can use the opposite track (of a double-track line) without a change of timetable as well as all compatible other tracks in a station. When I export a railML file, shall I encode
a) all technological possible alternative routes as <alternativeSectionsTT>? (Means: nearly all opposite tracks?)
b) all alternative routes which can be used with the same schedule or run times?
c) all possible alternative routes which are allowed without a change of timetable? (Means also some deviations in junction areas?)
d) ... what else is the purpose of <alternativeSectionsTT>?

Best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Attribute processStatus to be declared deprecated for <train>, <trainPart> and <trainGroup>
Next Topic: [railML2] Extension proposal: Stopping point reference for elements not of type <stopPost>
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 05:30:00 CEST 2024