Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Defintion of is::track type attribute
Re: Example of is::track type attribute [message #2464 is a reply to message #2424] Mon, 22 June 2020 10:18 Go to previous message
Fabrizio Cosso is currently offline  Fabrizio Cosso
Dear all,
I would like to share my perspective related to trackTypes, especially in relation with the TMS use case for railMLv3.
Even if I know that station track became obsolete, the main information needed is to know if the track is within a station or outside of a station.
Thus I assume that one of the following options may be applied:
- to use belongsToParent (but I think this is not the purpose of the attribute)
- to use specific attributes for such purpose
- to infer it from location (even if this would not be the best option in terms of clearness of the model)

The definition of tracks, in my opinion, should address both meso and micro topological level of RTM: opentracks connects operational points at meso level.

Linked to track discussion there are two additional points:
- I would suggest to put a link between stopping places and tracks, besides the link with platformEdges.
- In case of long trains, a stoppingPlace may span across two different "station tracks".

Regards

Fabrizio

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railML3.1] Modelling of a double slip switch
Next Topic: Definition of track/stoppingPlace/platform infrastructure vs. timetable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 23:26:56 CEST 2024