Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Definition of track/stoppingPlace/platform infrastructure vs. timetable
Re: Definition of track/stoppingPlace/platform infrastructure vs. timetable [message #2480 is a reply to message #2293] Thu, 02 July 2020 07:56 Go to previous message
Stefan Hubrig is currently offline  Stefan Hubrig
I appreciate the new definition of the track.
Also I've seen that the stoppingPosition exists as signal with "isStopPost".

So what is the definition of the stopPost? I suppose: This the the point location where the head of the train is supposed to stop.

Then a stoppingPlace can be referred. In my opinion these detailed defnitions are especially useful, when I want to point out, that there can be e.g. one long or two short trains, that can stop at the track at the same time.

In the latter case, I'd expect two stopPosts on the track at different locations.

So, I think, one question remains: Is there only one stoppingPlace for each stopPost (with maximum length) or shall there be two stoppingPlaces, so either a long or a short train is expected to stop there.
Thanks & Best regards,
Stefan Hubrig

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Defintion of is::track type attribute
Next Topic: [railML3] Request for extension of the 'crossing' infrastructure element
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 23:38:51 CEST 2024