Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » Attribute processStatus to be declared deprecated for <train>, <trainPart> and <trainGroup>
Re: Documentation of attribute "pathStatus" and proposal for new value "offered" [message #2349 is a reply to message #2341] Wed, 26 February 2020 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Milan Wölke is currently offline  Milan Wölke
Hi all,

I think detailsRefused refers to the reply when an order of a train is refused by the IM. If I understand correctly the IM may also include a counteroffer annotated with that @processState.

What I dont really understand is how to work with the proposed @processStatus "cancelled". I get the feeling that this state isnt the same kind of @processStatus as the rest of the suggested values. I also get the feeling that we break the semantics of the @cancellation attribute of train and trainPart by introducing this, because the behavior of the importing system would need to change when evaluating the attribute @cancellation depending on what the @processStatus is saying.

The same applies to the @processStatus in general. I think, although railML 2.x ist at the end of its lifecycle, we shouldnt alter the behavior of existing attributes. We can add new ones, alright, but changing existing ones is something we always tried to avoid in the past for the sake of compatibility. Accordingly I would rather introduce a new element <status> for train, trainGroup and trainPart. I also think that an element would be a better choice here in order to store additional metadata regarding the state(change), like when did the state change to the current value.

Best regards, Milan

Milan Wölke – Timetable scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message