Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML2] modeling of a car ramp (car ramp)
Re: [railML2] modeling of a car ramp [message #2540 is a reply to message #2539] Sat, 19 September 2020 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Torben and Christian,

Laderampen (as we call them in German) are a common feature of railways, so I would prefer a railML-internal solution and not an extension.

I would not welcome the usage of <platformEdge> since I can rarely imagine a loading ramp which can equally used for passengers as well as freight (concerning height, access, service properties as labelling, roof, benches, lamps... not to write about cleanliness). Rather, a software should be able to distinguish between passenger platforms and freight loading ramps/platforms. So, I think we should limit <platformEdge> to passenger usage.

I don't see any objections against the usage of <serviceSection>. I would agree with Torbens solution C2 (no @side; @pos
corresponding to the @pos value of <trackEnd> or <trackBegin>). I would use this even after r2.5 (no <serviceSection>@side="end").

Please be aware that there are combined "Kopf- und Seitenrampen" (side and end loading ramps) which should possibly be split into two railML <serviceSection>s, one with @side and @length>0 and one with no @side... Also, there should be a possibility to distinguish between the simple loading ramps (Kopf- und/oder Seitenladerampe, flat level concrete) and the special ones for cars (with metal car drives) like that on Torben's photo - may be by a @type or @kind attribute.

Best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railML2] extension suggestion for the element <state> for open time period
Next Topic: [railML 2.5] state
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 05:22:23 CEST 2024