Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » NetElements vs. Tracks vs. TrainDetectionElements vs. TvdSections (Doubts about the correct linking between netElements, trainDetectionElements, tracks and TvdSections)
NetElements vs. Tracks vs. TrainDetectionElements vs. TvdSections [message #1998] Thu, 25 October 2018 17:08 Go to previous message
Fabiana Diotallevi is currently offline  Fabiana Diotallevi
Hello everybody,
since I'm new to RailML community I'll briefly introduce myself: I'm Fabiana Diotallevi from NEAT (www.neat.it), an Italian design and development company, with solid experience in creating HW&SW solutions for mission and safety critical applications.
At the moment we are developing a tool for drawing and visualizing fully equipped railway track plans, and for easily editing, checking and importing and/or exporting the relative objects properties in different formats (among which, of course, railML).

I have read the documentation regarding the Infrastructure and the Interlocking Scheme, and I have some doubts on how to link the trackCircuit xml representation between the Infrastructure and Interlocking Scheme.

Consider for example the situation depicted in the attached figure: my goal is to find the correct representation of the netElements, the tracks, the trainDetectionElements (Infrastructure Scheme) and the TvDSection (Interlocking Scheme) of this very unrealistic case study.

index.php?t=getfile&id=35&private=0

In the figure there are 6 trackcircuits, delimited by 5 joints. The trackcircuits (in the real world) are composed by the the following segments:

• TC01 = a
• TC02 = b+c+e
• TC03 = d
• TC04= f+h+i
• TC05 = g
• TC06 = l

According to what I understood reading the railML documentation, the 6 trackcircuits correspond the 6 TvdSections in the Interlocking Scheme, is this correct?

Another point I would like you to confirm me, is that, if I have only one operational point, in the Infrastructure scheme the netElement representation corresponds to the Track representation.

In particular, I would say that the netElements and tracks representation of this case study should be the following:

• trc01 = ne_01 = a+b
• trc02 = ne_02 = c+d
• trc03 = ne_03 = e+f
• trc04 = ne_04 = g+h
• trc05 = ne_05 = i+l

For what concerns the limiting joints , they should be represented in the following way as trainDetectionElements:

• J1 = tde01 => netElementRef="ne_a01"
• J2 = tde02 => netElementRef="ne_a02"
• J3 = tde03 => netElementRef="ne_a03"
• J4 = tde04 => netElementRef="ne_a04"
• J5 = tde05 => netElementRef="ne_a05"

Finally, for the TvdSection we should have:

• Tvd01 = TC01 -> DemarcatingTraindetector ="j1"
• Tvd02 = TC02-> DemarcatingTraindetector ="j1", "j2", "j3"
• Tvd03 = TC03-> DemarcatingTraindetector ="j2"
• Tvd04= TC04-> DemarcatingTraindetector ="j3","j4","j5"
• Tvd05 = TC05-> DemarcatingTraindetector ="j4"
• Tvd06 = TC06-> DemarcatingTraindetector ="j5"

Is all of this correct?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Fabiana

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Platform element location: is it really necessary?
Next Topic: Suggestion for more precise definition of <propService> attributes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 04:04:55 CEST 2024