Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » Meaning and usage of @shuntingTime
Re: Meaning and usage of @shuntingTime [message #1927 is a reply to message #1847] Mon, 27 August 2018 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Heribert Neu is currently offline  Heribert Neu
Hello Dirk,

first a note: the shuntingTime is an attribute of <ocpTT> and not of <ocpTT>.<times>.

I agree with you that the specification of the shuntingTime at the <stopTimes> is not required. In my opinion the shuntingTime at <stopTimes> can be declared as deprecated.

You also write:
So, obviously we can notice that it is NOT intended to use the first arrival time nor the last departure time to encode the time when a train enters/leaves its track
I contradict this based on the following arguments:
1. The values in <times> also have a scope: actual, calculated, published, scheduled etc.. The shuntingTime as attribute of <ocpTT> does not have this scope and the assignment would therefore be problematic.
2. Shunting can also take place and be completed before the train is made available. Thus, the shunting time would be an additional information about arrival and departure.
3. For me the ShuntingTime is an additional optional specification. For example, a train in a station is strengthened with additional vehicles, the mapping would then be:
<ocpTT ... shunting Time 0:15>.<times arrival='7:45' departure='8:10' scope: scheduleded/><ocpTT/>
The attribute shuntingTime here would provide the information that at the station a shunting of the duration of 15 min must take place and thus the stopover lasts in any case accordingly long. This example could be used as an example for using shuntingTime in the wiki.
4. Since we have very different use cases for data transfer with RailML, I would not restrict flexibility at this point.

Best Regards
Heribert

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Train Turnback Association
Next Topic: Attribute processStatus to be declared deprecated for <train>, <trainPart> and <trainGroup>
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 08:23:11 CEST 2024