Home » railML newsgroups » railml.rollingstock » Suggestion towards new attributes and sub element for <doors> (<doors>)
Re: Suggestion towards new attributes and sub element for <doors> [message #1841 is a reply to message #1840] Thu, 14 June 2018 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Torben,

I understand your definition of @minimumStopTimeDoors. But I think that we should use a different term in railML. I think we should avoid "StopTime" in the term because so far, "stopTime" already relates to the difference between arrival and departure (of the same stop).

Please look at the following picture:
http://download.irfp.de/RegularStopTimes.png

I think you want to describe the Door Opening Time (difference between arrival and start of passenger flow) and Door Closing Time (difference between end of passenger flow and start of departure procedure). I think in general, it is not important how much of these times go to door movement, latency, or possibly door sills.

So I would recommend to use @DoorOpeningTime and @DoorClosingTime only, may be with a @minimum... prefix. We should clarify in Wiki that these times shall include any possible latency etc.

With best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Floor height
Next Topic: speedProfile and rolling stock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:49:37 CEST 2024