Home » railML newsgroups » railml.rollingstock » Suggestion towards new attributes and sub element for <doors> (<doors>)
Re: Suggestion towards new attributes and sub element for <doors> [message #1837 is a reply to message #1835] Tue, 12 June 2018 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Torben,

I welcome the improvement of railML concerning better capacity planning, especially the @openingTime, @closingTime and @flowSpeed information.

Please consider that modern vehicles have moveable door sills which can be moved out (electro-mechanically). The door sills cannot always be used - it depends on the platform edge and also winter conditions. From my opinion, the @openingTime should depend on whether the door sills are moved out or not.

I don't understand the @minimumStopTimeDoors value.
a) Shall this be a minimum total stop time, so from scheduled arrival until scheduled departure, including a minimum passenger flow?
or
b) Shall this simply be the sum of @openingTime + @closingTime, so excluding any passenger flow?

In case of (a), I would not regard it as generally accepted for railML. The minimum passenger flow, in general, depends on the station (frequency of passenger usage of a station). In case of very rarely used stations, there can even be scheduled stops with a "too low" passenger flow time (time for alighting and boarding). This time delta can be as low as zero, in case of a series of stops on request which are not likely used altogether.

In case of (b), I would decline it because of redundancy.

So, currently I have some concerns about @minimumStopTimeDoors.

Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Floor height
Next Topic: speedProfile and rolling stock
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:00:10 CEST 2024