Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Include track length information in topology
Re: Include track length information in topology [message #1989 is a reply to message #1796] Mon, 15 October 2018 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Martin Karlsson is currently offline  Martin Karlsson
I am pleased to see this suggestion included in version 3.1b2. However, it has not been done quite consistently. Some elements introduced in the previous approach towards this problem (as per forum post referred in the main post) have been left in the model, resulting in redundant information.

Classes SpotLocationOnTrack and LinearLocationOnTrack should be removed, along with references from class Entity to them (trackPosition and trackSection respectively).

TrackNode class should also be removed, with the consequences that
- child classes Switch, BufferStop, Border and Crossing need to be reparented from FunctionalInfrastructureEntity
- relations from Track class should be removed, i.e. trackBegin and trackEnd
- "use" relation from Track class should be removed from diagram railML3_IS_FunctionalTypes (the diagram should also be renamed to better reflect the remaining information in it)
- the whole diagram railML3_IS_Functional_Track-and-Tracknode should be removed

Another minor observation is about the naming of the new attributes, related to physical length, in class RTM_AssociatedNetElement. They are now called fromPos and toPos, whereas my suggestion was posBegin and posEnd. The difference may be insignificant, but since the corresponding intrinsic coordinate attributes are called intrinsicCoordBegin and intrisicCoordEnd, I think my suggestion makes the connection between the two positioning views clearer.

-------------------------
Martin Karlsson
Bombardier Transportation
Rail Control Solutions
EAPD/ECC
S-405 02 Göteborg, Sweden
Visiting address: Polhemsplatsen 5
Tel.: +46 70 6667615
martinkarlsson(at)railbombardiercom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: meaning of 'up' and 'down' in mileageChange.dir and track.mainDir
Next Topic: switchType IS vs. IL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 11:57:03 CEST 2024