Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Level crossing default parameters / Standardwerte bei Bahnübergängen
Re: Level crossing default parameters / Standardwerte bei Bahnübergängen [message #1724 is a reply to message #1720] Tue, 13 March 2018 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Christian,

> @protection="none"
> I am not sure about this default value. Therefore, I would like to ask the community: do you need to exchange data about level crossings where you do not know about the technical protection equipment of the level crossing?

Yes. I want to opt for this usage, i. e. opt for allowing to express a level crossing with unknown kind of protection, therefore deleting the default value.

In timetables, you may have a speed restriction because of a level crossing (a speed restriction starting several hundred metres before the level crossing and ending at the level crossing, labelled "BÜ km 12,34" or such in the timetable). To place the label for the timetable into the railML file, it may be preferable to use a <levelCrossing> element. But, from the pure timetable, one cannot see whether the speed restriction is e. g. because of a reduced sight at a non-technical protected level crossing or e. g. because of a too short switch-on distance of a level crossing with technical protection.

With best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: loading gauge
Next Topic: Ways to model temporal aspects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 00:57:20 CEST 2024