Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » <track>@mainDir
Re: <track>@mainDir [message #1774 is a reply to message #1769] Mon, 23 April 2018 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Benno Kuehnl is currently offline  Benno Kuehnl
Dear all,

I haven't needed the <track>@mainDir attribute for anything up to now, but reading this discussion, a use case came into my mind:

On a station with two tracks and one platform for each track (thus, no island platform), it is often very clearly stated on the signs, which platform is meant for trains going into which direction („<-- Züge Richtung München | Züge Richtung Weitdraußen -->"). When driving in the "wrong" direction at such a station, the passengers need significantly more time to switch to the correct platform, thus it is necessary to inform them more prominently. If it happens on a regular basis, you might need to send some workers to change the signs. That needs could be determined by the mainDir attribute.

On the other hand, I think that any "it would be possible in both ways, but usually it is done this way" can impose severe safety issues when someone falsely relies on things happening the usual way all the time.

Best regards,
Benno

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: infrastructure "state"
Next Topic: Published railML extension railML2.4nor (IS)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 10:46:51 CEST 2024