Home » railML newsgroups » railml.common » SI units in railML 3.x
Re: SI units in railML 3.x [message #1801 is a reply to message #1799] Tue, 22 May 2018 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Mag. Leberl,

thank you for the clarification.

I reviewed the list roughly and have the following notes:

- tBrakePercentage is surely no SI unit; you can change the ? to a n(o).

- I don't unterstand why tVMax should be SI. It is documented (in the XSD) as "maximum allowed speed in km/h". In my opinion, the SI unit for speed would be m/s, not kph. Additionally, this type should be renamed and unified with (the already existing) tSpeedKmPerHour.

- I'd like to suggest to split tLengthMM into two different grades of non-SI: Where it is used for tRadiusChange/@superelevation, it is the wrong unit at all. Superelevation is an angle an the SI unit for angles should be radiant, not mm. Therefore, here mm is used "wrongly" (but of course agreed) for an angle. The other instances of tLengthMM it may (metres) or may not (milli) be SI in a rather harmless way.

- I regard tEffortNewton as a mistake and think it should be unified to tForceNewton in future.

This is by far no complete reply. I may found more remarks in future but currently I don't have more... ;-)

With best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Define requirements for processContent strictly than lax
Next Topic: More concise usage of namespaces
Goto Forum: