Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » How to represent open circulations in railML?
Re: How to represent open circulations in railML? [message #1723 is a reply to message #1712] Tue, 13 March 2018 10:36 Go to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Andreas,

I "internally" agree with all you have written. Means: I see no discrepancy in understanding.

I am not sure whether the writing is clear enough (and not missleading) for anybody who is new in railML circulation.

a) I would consider linking the "missing" /nextBlockRef/ attribute to the concept of "open" circulation plans, as the contrary of "closed" circulation plans which never have missing /nextBlockRef/s.

b) I think the sentence
"The presence of a circulation element that references this block via blockRef, in this case, merily expresses that fact that the block is considered as belonging to the roster."
is a bit of an "understatement" because such a <circulation> element does not only express that the block belongs to the roster. It can also express at which day it is formed by which (nominal) vehicle - by its attributes /operatingPeriodRef/ and /vehicleCounter/.

Your write that such a circulation models a block that has no pre-/successor in the _linked_ chain (of this roster). This is formally true. But, in reality, it has of course a pre- and a successor, in the previous and following circulation plans. So actually the attribute /vehicleCounter/ is currently (with the current railML schemes) the only chance to find out _which_ vehicle exactly form this block (and unfortunately only an indirect kind). That's why I think such open <circulation> elements are still very important and not only "merely expressions".

I can write a suggestion for (a) later in case you do not want to do it now.

I want to ask you to extend or change your sentence for (b) if you agree with my argumentation.

With best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: example data: East Saxony railway network by FBS
Next Topic: DepartureDay / ArrivalDay at first <ocpTT> of a train run
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 21:31:00 CEST 2024