Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » addendum to <stopDescription> in railML2.4
Re: addendum to <stopDescription> in railML2.4 [message #1649 is a reply to message #1648] Wed, 27 September 2017 22:49 Go to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Joachim and Philip,

> So I would also vote for handling this case within a
> version 3.x instead of a hasty model change for 2.4.

I never wanted something hasty and I surely did not want a model change. Where do you take that idea from?

I only wanted to give the already existing attribute <stopDescription>.operatingPeriodRef a function and therefore a sense.
Since there is such an attribute, I assumed that it should be used instead of copying <trainPart>s only for the stop description. I did not invite this attribute! So where is the model change?

And concerning hasty: We already have a documented approach to this since end of Mai 2017 ("Vorschlag Erweiterung Halteinfo ab r2-4.pdf") and discussed it in Berlin. Nobody talked about a hasty model change then, in Berlin.

I could accept to copy the <trainPart>. But that would mean we need to set the <stopDescription>.operatingPeriodRef as deprecated urgently. And I want to remember that with the new additional stopping information, I doubt that copying the <trainPart> is accepted in any way. It is surely not a common practice.

I think we can now decide between "purism" or following practices to raise acceptance.

Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Haltezwecke / Stop descriptions
Next Topic: Referenzierung von ausgefallenen Zügen / Referencing of canceled trains
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:04:42 CEST 2024