Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Hello railML world! (Introducing myself)
Re: Hello railML world! - speed restrictions in railML 2.x [message #1651 is a reply to message #1645] Mon, 09 October 2017 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Hi Jörgen,

I follow the speed restrictions discussions since several years and so I feel competent to answer some of your questions:

> And as a type of train category based on axle load cannot be directly specified in an IS::speedChange, an additional IS:speedProfile with an appropriate maxAxleLoad value could be created and referenced.

This was the intention. A <speedChange> shall not directly specify an axle load nor any other restriction. Instead, the corresponding <speedProfile> shall include all restrictions which apply for that profile.

> - Should speedProfile instances additionally specify maxAxleLoad, and if so what values are relevant in the example?

Yes, that is the intention of the attribute <speedProfile>.maxAxleLoad.

> - How can the end of speed restrictions be modeled, e.g. the one for trains with axle load above 17.5 tons in the example should end at 500 m?

Up to railML 2.2 (including): with vMax='999' as a tentativeness
<speedChange vMax='999'/>
From railML 2.3 (including): with vMax='end':
<speedChange vMax='end'/>
both with pos= location of end of speed restriction.

Please be aware that the end of a speed restriction can apply either to the train head or end of train. So, the attribute <speedChange>.trainRelation may be of interest, too. That's why there is no "length" of a speed restriction.

See also
http://www.wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:speedChange

With best regards,
Dirk Bräuer.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Suggestion towards the use of "crossing" for bridge, tunnel, level crossing etc. in railML3
Next Topic: railML v3.1 beta released
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 14:32:53 CEST 2024