Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Semantic of @type in <track> and mapping to national usage?
Re: Semantic of @type in <track> and mapping to national usage? [message #1598 is a reply to message #1597] Wed, 07 June 2017 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear all,

we do currently map the German usage quoted by Vasco to the railML values as follows:

* Durchgehendes Hauptgleis == mainTrack
* nicht-durchgehendes Hauptgleis == sidingTrack
* Gleisverbindung == connectingTrack
* Nebengleis == secondaryTrack

railML:stationTrack is not used since "station" is not a well-defined element in railML.

I would prefer for the future
1) to publish a kind of "matrix" in railML:wiki to map the national terms to railML terms in the above mentioned kind. We could already define this matrix for Norway and Germany from Torben's and my statements.
2) to clarify and tidy the terms (including enumeration values) for railML3.

I would agree with Torben concerning the Norwegian mapping
hovedtogspor == mainTrack
øvrige spor == secondaryTrack

I would prefer
togspor == sidingTrack, not stationTrack
because hovedtogspor and øvrige spor are also in stations which could mislead. But anyway, any mapping is better than nothing.

> For the ocp operational type other:siding (sidespor) we have the track type siding (sidespor). A siding is in Norway defined as an ocp on the path that is not a station. The ocp has to have an additional track of type siding track. Usual sidings in Norway are factory tracks on the path, for loading and unloading industrial products and timber. The switch leading to the siding track needs to be locked.

I agree with that kind of <ocp> and I think it is general for any country, not special for Norway (Germany: Anschlussstelle or Ausweichanschlussstelle depending on kind of interlocking of the switch).

But I think the additional track behind the switch should be "secondaryTrack", not "sidingTrack" since the operation in and out of this track are shunting operations, not train operations. (The train operation ends before the switch is turned for the sidespor; the train restarts after the switch has been locked again away from the sidespor - is this right?)

But again: This is a suggestion only aiming to compatibility; Torben should have the last word concerning Norway.

> In case we would have a track connection between the two main tracks on a double tracked line that does not have route og over it, we would call it a connection track (forbindelsesspor).

I agree completely.

Suggestion for next step: If somebody could prepare a matrix table with track types at a new Wiki page,
- I would fill it for Germany,
- Torben could fill it for Norway.
(My Wiki knowledge is too less to set up by myself.)

Best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: SI units in railML 3.x
Next Topic: Maximum train current - Proposal for extension of infrastructure scheme in railML 2.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 30 01:32:45 CEST 2024