Home » railML newsgroups » railml.common » Are designator start- and end-date in railml 3.2 missing? (Designator 2.4 had start- and end-date, in 3.2 missing?)
Are designator start- and end-date in railml 3.2 missing? [message #3169] Tue, 21 November 2023 11:51 Go to next message
Matthias Cavigelli is currently offline  Matthias Cavigelli
We would like to exchange project information in our files. In both railML 2.5 and 3.2 the project has a designator.

In railML 2.4 / 2.5 we export start- and end-date on the designator type.
https://www.railml.org/files/download/schemas/2018/railML-2. 4/documentation/railML.html#LinkE0

In railML 3.2 there is still the relation project->designator. However, I cannot find a start- or end-date on the designator anymore.

Is there a reason for this change? Or are there other ways to export such as
a start- and end-date of the designator element?
https://www.railml.org/files/download/schemas/3.2/documentat ion/railml3.html#Link2B6

Best regards, Matthias Cavigelli

--
Matthias Cavigelli
Developer

trafIT solutions gmbh
Heinrichstrasse 48
8005 Zürich
Switzerland
Re: Are designator start- and end-date in railml 3.2 missing? [message #3181 is a reply to message #3169] Fri, 05 January 2024 13:19 Go to previous message
Thomas Nygreen is currently offline  Thomas Nygreen
Dear Matthias,

I am not sure why we did not continue the startDate and endDate attributes on the designator type in 3.x. This affects designators in general, not only for projects. Note that the start and end dates apply only to the designator, not to the parent object (such as a project). I will follow up with the other coordinators.

Best regards,
Thomas

Thomas Nygreen – Common Schema Coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org
Previous Topic: Regarding changes in SpeedProfile.Load in RailML v 3.3
Next Topic: [railML3] Overview of how to deal with schema changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:45:24 CEST 2024