Home » railML newsgroups » railml.common » railml 3.1 validation (circular reference not allowed in QT)
railml 3.1 validation [message #2260] Thu, 24 October 2019 13:03 Go to next message
Fabiana Diotallevi is currently offline  Fabiana Diotallevi
Dear all,

we are trying to incorporate a railml 3.1 validator (after export and before import) in our RaIL-AiD tool, which is written in QT (c++) language. We are using the railml 3.1 xsd files downloaded from the railml.org website.
However, it seems that the internal QT standard xml validator fails in validating the xsd files themselves (not the produced xml, but the schema files!!!), because there is a circular reference between the two schemas:
- common3.xsd
- rtm4railml3.xsd

The fact is that the common3.xsd file includes the rtm4railml3.xsd, and the rtm4railml3.xsd file includes the common3.xsd.

Is this correct? Is the problem related only to the QT internal validator that can't deal with a cyclic reference? Anybody has had the same problem?
Re: railml 3.1 validation [message #2261 is a reply to message #2260] Thu, 24 October 2019 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Nygreen JBD is currently offline  Thomas Nygreen JBD
Dear Fabiana,

I have not experienced this with other validators (Altova, libxml, xerces), so apparently they will ignore the <include> reference to a schema that is already loaded. I recommend filing an issue towards the QT validator and trying to load the files using an external library such as xerces or Saxon.

Best regards,
Thomas Nygreen
Common coordinator, railML.org

Best regards,
Thomas Nygreen
Railway capacity engineer
Jernbanedirektoratet
Re: railml 3.1 validation [message #2262 is a reply to message #2261] Thu, 24 October 2019 15:52 Go to previous message
Fabiana Diotallevi is currently offline  Fabiana Diotallevi
Dear Thomas,
thank you for your quick reply, I will do as you say.

Thanks again,

f.
Previous Topic: References across several XML files
Next Topic: Advanced Example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:46:15 CET 2024