Home » railML newsgroups » railml.infrastructure » Track: description vs. trackDescr
Track: description vs. trackDescr [message #1543] Wed, 05 April 2017 19:18 Go to next message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Messages: 103
Registered: January 2016
Senior Member
Dear all,

the element <track> has an attribute @description and a repeatable child
element <trackDescr>, which both are based on datatype xs:string.

My questions to you: For which purpose do you use which description? Do
you use the <trackDescr> at all? Can you provide us an example of a
track with the different kind of descriptions?

Based on your feedback, we may update the wiki page [1] and close the
Trac ticket [2]. If <trackDescr> is not used, we may also declare it
DEPRECATED with railML version 2.4.

[1] http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:trackDescr
[2] http://trac.railml.org/ticket/113

Best regards
Christian

--
Christian Rahmig - Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Phone Coordinator: +49 173 2714509; railML.org: +49 351 47582911
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railml.org
Re: Track: description vs. trackDescr [message #1581 is a reply to message #1543] Thu, 18 May 2017 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Messages: 228
Registered: August 2008
Senior Member
Dear Christian,

we currently don't use <track description= > nor <trackDescr>.

I would prefer keeping <track description= > and declaring <trackDescr>
being deprecated.

With best regards,
Dirk.
Re: Track: description vs. trackDescr [message #1669 is a reply to message #1581] Mon, 20 November 2017 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Messages: 103
Registered: January 2016
Senior Member
Dear all,

based on the feedback, the element <trackDescr> is marked DEPRECATED
with upcoming railML version 2.4.

Best regards
Christian


Am 18.05.2017 um 16:00 schrieb Dirk Bräuer:
> Dear Christian,
>
> we currently don't use <track description= > nor <trackDescr>.
>
> I would prefer keeping <track description= > and declaring <trackDescr>
> being deprecated.
>
> With best regards,
> Dirk.
>


--
Christian Rahmig - Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Phone Coordinator: +49 173 2714509; railML.org: +49 351 47582911
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railml.org
Re: Track: description vs. trackDescr - also for <lineDescr> [message #1670 is a reply to message #1543] Mon, 20 November 2017 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Messages: 103
Registered: January 2016
Senior Member
Dear all,

the same question applies also for the element <lineDescr>: Do you use
<lineDescr> and - if yes - can you provide an example for usage?

Based on your feedback, we will update the wiki page [3] and close Trac
ticket [2]. If <lineDescr> is not used, we will declare it DEPRECATED
with railML version 2.4.

[3] http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:lineDescr

Best regards
Christian

Am 05.04.2017 um 19:18 schrieb Christian Rahmig:
> Dear all,
>
> the element <track> has an attribute @description and a repeatable child
> element <trackDescr>, which both are based on datatype xs:string.
>
> My questions to you: For which purpose do you use which description? Do
> you use the <trackDescr> at all? Can you provide us an example of a
> track with the different kind of descriptions?
>
> Based on your feedback, we may update the wiki page [1] and close the
> Trac ticket [2]. If <trackDescr> is not used, we may also declare it
> DEPRECATED with railML version 2.4.
>
> [1] http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:trackDescr
> [2] http://trac.railml.org/ticket/113
>
> Best regards
> Christian
>


--
Christian Rahmig - Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Phone Coordinator: +49 173 2714509; railML.org: +49 351 47582911
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railml.org
Re: Track: description vs. trackDescr - also for <lineDescr> [message #1706 is a reply to message #1670] Tue, 13 February 2018 10:28 Go to previous message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Messages: 103
Registered: January 2016
Senior Member
Dear all,

based on the (missing) feedback, the element <lineDescr> is marked
DEPRECATED with upcoming railML version 2.4.

Best regards
Christian


Am 20.11.2017 um 16:55 schrieb Christian Rahmig:
> Dear all,
>
> the same question applies also for the element <lineDescr>: Do you use
> <lineDescr> and - if yes - can you provide an example for usage?
>
> Based on your feedback, we will update the wiki page [3] and close Trac
> ticket [2]. If <lineDescr> is not used, we will declare it DEPRECATED
> with railML version 2.4.
>
> [3] http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:lineDescr
>
> Best regards
> Christian
>
> Am 05.04.2017 um 19:18 schrieb Christian Rahmig:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> the element <track> has an attribute @description and a repeatable child
>> element <trackDescr>, which both are based on datatype xs:string.
>>
>> My questions to you: For which purpose do you use which description? Do
>> you use the <trackDescr> at all? Can you provide us an example of a
>> track with the different kind of descriptions?
>>
>> Based on your feedback, we may update the wiki page [1] and close the
>> Trac ticket [2]. If <trackDescr> is not used, we may also declare it
>> DEPRECATED with railML version 2.4.
>>
>> [1] http://wiki.railml.org/index.php?title=IS:trackDescr
>> [2] http://trac.railml.org/ticket/113
>>
>> Best regards
>> Christian
>>
>
>


--
Christian Rahmig - Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Phone Coordinator: +49 173 2714509; railML.org: +49 351 47582911
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railml.org
Previous Topic: last open points for speedProfiles in railML 2.2
Next Topic: ocpRef at <platformEdges> and <stopPost>
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Apr 26 05:23:04 CEST 2018