Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » [railML2] Adding the RouteId to the TafTapTsiTrainID
[railML2] Adding the RouteId to the TafTapTsiTrainID [message #3117] Mon, 28 August 2023 17:50 Go to next message
Bertolt Lang is currently offline  Bertolt Lang
Hello railML community,

since we already have a possibility to include taf tap identifiers in our railml data via train/tafTapTsiTrainID, I suggest expanding the object Type by the routeId, that is part of the taf tap standard since August 2021. The routeId is needed to correctly identify trains in routes.

You can find the definition provided by Deutsche Bahn for the routeId in the following document page 49 (though it's only in german):

https://fahrweg.dbnetze.com/resource/blob/9764564/edfe9e83b1 9c7a0c0319568fc0985487/02_EVU-Schnittstelle-Download-2_4-4-0 -data.pdf

RouteID

German:
Die RouteID identifiziert ein Route-Objekt, welches vom EVU für einen Zug definiert wird.
Die Route beschreibt den globale Gesamtzuglauf mit den Mindestangaben Start- und Zielbahnhof sowie möglichen Handover-points.
Die RouteID wird ausschließlich vom EVU festgelegt und muss für jedes EVU (CompanyCode) und Fahrplanjahr ohne weitere ergänzende Angaben für sich eindeutig sein.
Bei mehreren beteiligten EVU erfolgt die Festlegung i. d. R. durch das federführende EVU (Lead RU).
Sie bleibt über den gesamten Planungsprozess für den Zug und darüber hinaus auch im operativen Geschäft erhalten.

English:
The RouteID identifies a route object that is defined by the railway company (EVU) for a train.
The route describes the overall global train itinerary with the minimum specifications of the departure and destination stations, as well as possible handover points.
The RouteID is exclusively determined by the railway company (EVU) and must be unique for each EVU (CompanyCode) and timetable year without any additional supplementary information.
In the case of multiple participating railway companies, the determination is usually carried out by the leading railway company (Lead RU).
It remains intact throughout the entire train planning process and also persists during operational activities.

What do you think?

Re: [railML2] Adding the RouteId to the TafTapTsiTrainID [message #3141 is a reply to message #3117] Mon, 16 October 2023 16:50 Go to previous message
Milan Wölke is currently offline  Milan Wölke
Hi Bert,

Thanks for bringing this up. If I understand you correctly you are suggesting to add the value RO from TAF TSI ObjectType to the objectType attribute enumeration ( https://wiki2.railml.org/wiki/TT:tafTapTsiTrainID_train#Attr ibutes_of_tafTapTsiTrainID_.2F_Attribute_von_tafTapTsiTrainI D).

In general I would agree with this idea, however this would imply to publish a railML 2.6 with this extension. Also when doing this I would opt to also correct the cardinality of tafTapTsiTrainID, so that more than one can be specified per train as this is better in line with the TAF/TAP TSI.

Is this what you are asking for? If, so, this would be the first clearly defined requirement for railML 2.6. Is there others who would be interested in this? If this is indeed what you are asking for, then we should also ask this question at the conference on November 8th, 2023 in Rome. It is a big decision for us as railML and we need to carefully consider the pros and cons.

The other option you would have is to specify a custom extension to allow specification of the RouteID. I think the best possible approach for this would be to create an extension for train called sth like additionalTafTapTsiObjectIdentifier and populate this with a structure that is built like the existing tafTapTsiTrainID with an extended objectType enumeration.

Please let me know what you think.

Best regards, Milan

Milan Wölke – Timetable scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org
Previous Topic: Suggestion for a new use case: run time calculation
Next Topic: [railML3] Suggested change for railML 3.3 Timetable regarding times at passing points
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:59:40 CEST 2024