Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » How to model speed restrictions for ETCS train categories based on axle load (Request for description of usage)
Re: How to model speed restrictions for ETCS train categories based on axle load [message #1673 is a reply to message #1654] Thu, 23 November 2017 13:22 Go to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Jörgen,

the philosophy for speed profiles in railML 2.x is the other way 'round than in your "Example (rev. A)": The base or static speed of a line shall be the speed for the highest axle load and load spreads of the line (for the line's classification such as "D4"). Additionally to this base profile, there may be higher permitted speeds for lower axle loads or load spreads. But as such, no speed restrictions concerning this are designed.

> But how can the inversion be expressed with railML 2.2?

By converting speed restrictions in raised speed profiles with the lowest speed (highest axle load) as base profile.

If this is regarded as too awkward, it may be discussed to introduce additional attributes in a railML 2.x or using extensions (but where I would have concerns regarding compatibility).

> The Example (rev. A) in my last post tries to do it in one
> way that requires a static speed profile and a dummy
> maxAxleLoad, and I must say it seems somewhat awkward.

Not a dummy maxAxleLoad but the axle load of the line's classification. It is assumed that each line has a classification such as C3, D4, E5 a.s.o. and from these, the maxAxleLoad can be clearly deduced.

With best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railML3|alpha] Suggestion for an enhanced topology model
Next Topic: Line category according to EN 15528
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:21:23 CEST 2024