Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » forgotten attribute <operatingPeriod> @dayOffset and its future
Re: forgotten attribute <operatingPeriod> @dayOffset and its future [message #1614 is a reply to message #1611] Wed, 21 June 2017 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Philip,

the fact that the attribute has not been used so far does not mean that there is no demand on it. I think simply the programming lags behind several years. That's normal.

I can remember that there was an original problem to introduce this attribute and a lengthy discussion between <TT> developers at a meeting. I want to respect the earlier decision. I think this is important also in general, to give the developers stability and "protection of investment".

However, if you want to waive the attribute, that means to allow departureDay<>0 at first <ocpTT>. No problem of technology from my side, but as I said, there are several infrastructure managers who do not allow it in their data models. So could we please clarify first what ERA says to this problem in their recommendations? I think it is not reasonable to let railML walk into a different solution than ERA.

Best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Formation versus TrainParts