Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Infrastructure registers
Re: Infrastructure registers [message #1595 is a reply to message #1594] Wed, 31 May 2017 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Christian,

> The question to be answered: what kind of infrastructure related registers have to be specified.

From the timetable view, we regularly see the combination "lines and stations". We use "ocpRegister" for stations (and other <ocp>s) and we use the attribute <line @code> for lines. So for the sake of completeness, as we have an "official" register for <ocp>s, we should also have an "official" register for line codes. Both have the same functional background: Defining a unique route through the network.

So my answer to your question is: Please add a register for <line @code>. We use mostly the instance "VzG-Nummern of DB Netz AG". Others would be "VZG-Nummern of ÖBB Infrastruktur AG (5 digit)". I know such codes (also none-numeric ones as in the UK) from other countries but I do not know the official names.

> * asset
> * ocp
> * networkStatement
> * all (?)

To be honest: I don't know where to use "asset", "networkStatement" nor "all" but possibly I do not need to know. May be it would be helpful if you could name the parent element and attribute in future.

> Therefore, I suggest to add a new attribute @type in the codelist InfrastructureRegisters.xml (before: Registers.xml).

I would prefer to have a different codelist for each register even in infrastructure, for clearness.

Best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message