Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3|alpha] Suggestion for an enhanced topology model
Re: [railML3|alpha] Suggestion for an enhanced topology model [message #1497 is a reply to message #1445] Mon, 13 February 2017 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Matthieu Perin is currently offline  Matthieu Perin
Hi,

If I may give my opinion about the philosophy behind a Topological "pure" part for the RTM meta model is good, but I see two major issues with the objects then :

• If we need only a Topological view, why there have to be difference between linear and non-linear elements ?. Such differences does not exist in the topological level, as these elements are all nodes and can be navigate whatsoever.
  • If we keep separated Linear and Non Linear element for clarity purpose (which is good in my opinion) then the two object MUST have somme differences : e.g. a linear element should have a "length" attribute that is not existing for the non-linear one.

I hope It can help thinking about the meta model !

--
Matthieu Perin
IFSTTAR
matthieuperin(at)ifsttarfr

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Time Relations of Infrastructure and External References via <any> Attribute
Next Topic: How to model speed restrictions for ETCS train categories based on axle load
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 04:05:55 CEST 2024