Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3|alpha] Suggestion for an enhanced topology model
Re: [railML3|alpha] Suggestion for an enhanced topology model [message #1432 is a reply to message #1430] Mon, 31 October 2016 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Martin Karlsson is currently offline  Martin Karlsson
Dear Alain,

Thank you for your clarifications.

I appreciate the philosophy of separating pure topology from physical objects, and I do not suggest to change this fundamental principle, or at all to change anything in RTM. As I wrote, I was sure there were good reasons behind chosing this model, and you have clarified that further.

My suggestion is rather to add - in railML, not RTM - a second layer of information, to reflect the topology related properties of the physical objects, in particular
- dependence of relation navigability on the run time state of a physical object (i.e. the course of a switch)
- mutual exclusivity of navigable relations (in the case of diamond crossings)
- length of tracks

For sure, my suggestion is not the only way to address these issues, but they need to be adressed one way or another.

-------------------------
Martin Karlsson
Bombardier Transportation
Rail Control Solutions
EAPD/ECC
S-405 02 Göteborg, Sweden
Visiting address: Polhemsplatsen 5
Tel.: +46 70 6667615
martinkarlsson(at)railbombardiercom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Time Relations of Infrastructure and External References via <any> Attribute
Next Topic: How to model speed restrictions for ETCS train categories based on axle load
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 07:43:32 CEST 2024