Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » How to mix switches and crossings en connections ?
How to mix switches and crossings en connections ? [message #1360] Tue, 07 June 2016 09:31 Go to previous message
prenaud is currently offline  prenaud
Hello,

We use the RailML 2.1 format in our company to describe the track plan for our customers.

As I'm a newbie with the RailML format, I have a question concerning the tag <connections> in the <trackTopology> description.

This tag is defined in the file infrastructure.xsd as a choice between elements of type <switch> and elements of type <crossing> :

<xs:complexType name="eConnections">
  <xs:choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">
    <xs:element name="switch" type="rail:eSwitch" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    <xs:element name="crossing" type="rail:eCrossing" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
  </xs:choice>
</xs:complexType>

But, on the tracks I have switches AND crossings ...

Of course, when I have the two types of elements <switch> AND <crossing> in the same <connections> tag for one track, the validation tools report an error :

Quote:
element crossing: Schemas validity error : Element 'crossing': This element is not expected. Expected is one of ( switch, crossing_additional_infos

How can I describe both the switches and the crossings for one track ?

Thanks for your help.

Patrick RENAUD
ALSTOM Transport France

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Connection on TrackBegin and TrackEnd
Next Topic: Vertical track geometry
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 03:42:59 CEST 2024