Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » Suggestion for a new use case: run time calculation (Suggestion for a new use case for run time calculation)
Suggestion for a new use case: run time calculation [message #3082] Thu, 04 May 2023 09:44 Go to previous message
Torben Brand is currently offline  Torben Brand
Dear railML timetable community,

I have made a mapping of the UC suite of ISO RailDax with railML3 and found that there are some UC missing in railML:
  • Schematic track plans for infrastructure planning OK, "SCTP"
  • Runtime calculations (builds on 1), missing!
  • Network statement of an infrastructure manager annex asset descriptions OK, "NEST"
  • Passenger assets of rolling stock for operational planning, missing!
  • Operational timetable planning (builds on 2,3&4), needs clarification
  • Operational timetable simulation (builds on 5,2&1) OK, "RSIM"
See attached illustration.

Most important here is the UC run time calculation. I hereby suggest creating the use case in the railML community. As ownership relevant use is closest in the timetable community, I suggest doing the work in the TT working group. The good news is that Most of the work is already done! All infrastructure items required are already part of the SCTP UC! 😊 There is need for some minor clean-up work in relation between RTC and SCTP. I will post about this in the IS forum. What is missing is the rolling stock items. Thus, I suggest making a UC «RTCR»: RunTime Calculation for Rolling stock. Although the UC is RS scheme related, the use stems from the TT community (also there is currently no RS working group), thus the suggestion to do the work in the TT working group. I will make a cross post in the RS forum.

If I get the green light for the TT working group, I volunteer to make the first draft. 😊

High level content of RTCI:
  • Tractive capabilities (like effort curve, adhesion...)
  • Braking capabilities
  • Physical properties (like weight and length)
What does the TT community think of this proposal?

Kind regards Torben Brand, Jernbanedirektoratet

[Updated on: Thu, 01 June 2023 19:33] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Extension of railML's Advanced Example
Next Topic: [railML2] Adding the RouteId to the TafTapTsiTrainID
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:22:12 CEST 2024