Home » railML newsgroups » railml.common » Suggested refined definitions and extension to organizationalUnits (CO:organizationalUnits)
Re: Suggested refined definitions and extension to organizationalUnits [message #2408 is a reply to message #2329] Thu, 26 March 2020 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Thomas, Torben and all others,

some time ago I agreed to read the documentation [1] of DB Netz AG (German Infrastructure Manager) on their planned Slot ordering data format concerning how they use what in railML would be "organisationalUnits". Here a short summary (with my own additions and translation):

LeadRU
de: Führendes/Koordinierendes EVU
en: leading or coordinating RU

Responsible Applicant
de: Besteller, Vertragspartner
en: ordering contractor (not necessarily a RU)

ResponsibleRU
de: die Zugfahrt durchführendes EVU
en: RU operating the train

PlanningIM
de: fahrplanerstellendes EIU
en: IM creating (responsible for) the timetable

ResponsibleIM
de: für die betriebliche Durchführung der Zugfahrt verantwortliches EIU; Eigentümer der Infrastruktur
en: IM responsible for operating the train = owner of infrastructure

DB Netze says this is harmonised with ERA concerning TAF/TAP. So this may be general. But I think it still could change
only time can show how other IM use this. So far, I would regard it as a German view.

What I miss is:
- No distinguishing between "ResponsibleRU" (as above), RU which owns the vehicle(s) and RU which contributes the driver.

I don't know whether this helps us, but we should keep it in mind because there is a chance that this will become "best practice" in the catchment area of ERA. May be it's ok if we produce an "assign-list" of railML values to these German/ERA values? May be a list which can be extended later with values or best practice of other countries?

Can anybody prepare this?

Best regards,
Dirk.

[1] DB Netze: Dokumentation der Schnittstelle des Bestellsystems der DB Netz für EVU-Systeme. Gültig ab Netzfahrplan 2024. Version 4.1.1, last update 25.02.2020.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Where to place a "comment" value?
Next Topic: [all versions] Using sequences in XSD schemas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:54:35 CET 2024