Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Suggested definition of <ocpVis> (<infrastructureVisualisation>)
Suggested definition of <ocpVis> [message #2282] Tue, 03 December 2019 12:02 Go to previous message
Torben Brand is currently offline  Torben Brand
Today there is no definition/documentation for the <infrastrucutreVisualisation> scheme in the wiki. The elements and attributes are mapped in the wiki, but there is no definition of the elements and attributes in the wiki.
However there has established itself a best practice of how this schema is used.

I want to point out a specific usage of the sub element <ocpVis>. <ocpVis> distinguished itself from the <trackVis> in that <trackVis> contains the coordinates of the track topology and the elements/objects on the track and <ocpVis> contains the coordinates of all elements NOT part of the tracks (topology or node-edge model). When <infrastructureVisualisation> was created pre railML2.1 the only physical element not part of the tracks was the OCP. Thus, it was logical to name the element <ocpVis>. However, with railML2.1 the controller was introduced. I therefor suggest to also be able to visualise the controller (if need be) with <ocpVis>. To avoid the same constraint later I suggest allowing mapping of all elements in railML, that are not part of the tracks (topology or objects) under <ocpVis>.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railMl2] Proposal for new attribute @switchable in <baliseGroup> and wiki refinement
Next Topic: [railML3] Improvement for railML element „etcsLevelTransition"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:58:40 CET 2024