Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » Meaning and usage of @shuntingTime
Meaning and usage of @shuntingTime [message #1847] Mon, 18 June 2018 19:41 Go to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear all,

I corrected the Wiki page TT:times concerning the usage of arrival at first and and departure at last <ocpTT> of a train as ordered by the last <TT> developer telco.

When doing so, I became aware that there is still an attribute
<ocpTT>.<times>.@shuntingTime: "This is the shunting time used inside a station"

There is another @shuntingTime at:
<ocpTT>.<stopDescription>.@shuntingTime: "usually defined at first/last ocpTT"

So, obviously we can notice that it is NOT intended to use the first arrival time nor the last departure time to encode the time when a train enters/leaves its track. Rather, it is intended to use one of the @shuntingTime for that.
I imagine it like this:
- First departure is 8.10 hours at first <ocpTT>.
- Train occupies the track from 7.45 hours at first <ocpTT>.
- Instead of <ocpTT>.<times arrival='7:45' departure='8:10'/>
it is intended to say <ocpTT>.<times departure='8:10' shuntingTime='0:25'/>.

Any objections? If not, we should clarify this in Wiki. Else, we should clarify what @shuntingTime is to be used for.

Also, we should clarify the relation between the two @shuntingTime instances. If nobody has an idea, I would recommend to declare <ocpTT>.<stopDescription>.@shuntingTime as deprecated and <ocpTT>.<times>.@shuntingTime as the only one to be used.

With best regards,
Dirk.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Train Turnback Association
Next Topic: Attribute processStatus to be declared deprecated for <train>, <trainPart> and <trainGroup>
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:24:36 CEST 2024