Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Differences between <screenCoordinates> and <Infrastructure visualization> tags (Infrastructure visualization in railML 3.1)
Differences between <screenCoordinates> and <Infrastructure visualization> tags [message #2210] Mon, 24 June 2019 12:34 Go to previous message
Fabiana Diotallevi is currently offline  Fabiana Diotallevi
Dear all,
we are adapting our tool RaIL-AiD to import/export data in the new railML 3.1 format.

I have a question regarding the two different tags:

• <infrastructureVisualizations>
  • <screenPositioningSystems>
My aim is to draw with RaIL-AiD a railway track-plan, then export it in railML 3.1 and then re-import it and visualize it.
Suppose that I have drawn the station, and that for each of my objects (i.e. signals, switches, balises, etc) I have defined a specific measure of the linear mileage in meters. I need to export, together with the linear coordinates of the objects, also the "screen" coordinates, because I would like to reload the railML file and see again on the screen the exact same drawing I had before the export.

My question is: where do the screen coordinates shall be saved in the railML file? In the <screenPositioningSystems> or in the <infrastructureVisualizations> tag?

In particular, I have a problem with the netElements, that are not simple "point-objects" defined by a couple of (x,y) coordinates, but they can be polygonal chains.
So far the only way I have found is to export them as a multi-point <linearElementProjection> in the <infrastructureVisualizations> tag.
The same method (i.e. export objects coordinates using the <infrastructureVisualizations> tag) could be applied to map all other objects (spot-like, line-like, area-like).

In this approach, what is the use of the <screenPositioningSystems> tag? Can I neglect it?

I hope to have explained myself,
thanks in advance,

Fabiana

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [railML3] Mapping of tvdSection in infrastructure?
Next Topic: How to model 3 topology levels in rail.ML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:12:25 CEST 2024