Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » Train Turnback Association (Train Turnback Association)
Train Turnback Association [message #2532] Wed, 09 September 2020 17:02 Go to next message
Fabrizio Cosso is currently offline  Fabrizio Cosso
Dear all,
this is my first post in timetable forum: nice to meet you.
I'm looking for a way to describe turnback association between trains using timetable domain. I mean a train (trainA) that goes to an ocp and than depart from there as a new train (trainB). Is there a way to explicitly describe this association?
I figured out different options but I'm not sure if they are valid and which is the best one.
1- make usage of rostering
2- make usage of trainGroups
3- make usage of connection in last ocpTT
Thanks

BR

FAbrizio
Re: Train Turnback Association [message #2538 is a reply to message #2532] Mon, 14 September 2020 13:04 Go to previous message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Fabrizio,

welcome in the railML forum and thank you for your contribution.

The "turn-back association" of a train is a link between two train parts in a circulation:
- The direction does not necessarily need to turn.
- In general, a train can consist of more than one vehicle, which may go to different "trainB"s. Therefore, the link is defined between train parts, not trains. In case all the formation is linked from trainA to trainB, it may consist of only one train part.
- In general, the link may (and will) be different for different operating days; therefore we use circulations. <trainGroups> would not do for different different operating days; <connections> in last <ocpTT> could do in a certain way, but since a circulation also may include information on cleaning, refilling, maintenance etc. of vehicles, rosterings are the state-of-the-art solution therefore.

So, your option 1 - rostering - would be the right one.

You can find some examples for instance in our documentation at [1]. If you have certain questions, I could send certain specific examples.

[1]
http://www.support.irfp.de/schnittstellenbeschreibung.html
http://www.support.irfp.de/dokumente-und-beispieldateien.htm l
http://www.support.irfp.de/technische-hinweise-fuer-entwickl er.html

With best regards,
Dirk Bräuer,
Leading developer of iRFP, founding member of railML.

---
Am 09.09.2020 um 17:02 schrieb Fabrizio Cosso:
> Dear all,
> this is my first post in timetable forum: nice to meet you.
> I'm looking for a way to describe turnback association
> between trains using timetable domain. I mean a train
> (trainA) that goes to an ocp and than depart from there as a
> new train (trainB). Is there a way to explicitly describe
> this association?
> I figured out different options but I'm not sure if they are
> valid and which is the best one.
> 1- make usage of rostering
> 2- make usage of trainGroups
> 3- make usage of connection in last ocpTT
> Thanks
>
> BR
>
> FAbrizio
>
Previous Topic: [railML2] Extensions to RailML for Passenger Information within vehicles
Next Topic: Meaning and usage of @shuntingTime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:57:51 CET 2024