Home » railML newsgroups » railml.infrastructure » [railML3.1] TrainDetectionElement and TrainDetectionElementSection (TrainDetectionElements)
[railML3.1] TrainDetectionElement and TrainDetectionElementSection [message #1986] Tue, 09 October 2018 11:17 Go to next message
Fabrizio Cosso is currently offline  Fabrizio Cosso
Messages: 5
Registered: September 2017
Junior Member
Dear all,
I need some clarifications on TrainDetectionElements representation.
What's the meaning of TrainDetectionElementSection?
In particular, I'm interested in modeling trackCircuits:
it is not clear to me what is the difference between a trainDetectionElement of type trackCircuit and a TrainDetectionElementSection of type trackCircuit.
My understanding looking at the model was to use arealocation to describe which part of topology were covered by track circuits but probably you are describing them a differently.
May you help me understanding?
The example is:
I have 3 networkElements with a switch in the middle. The trackCircuit extension is indicated by the === symbol.
It spreads over ne1, ne2 and ne3. How to represent it?

ne2
//======------------>
ne1 // ne3
-----====>=========------------>

Thanks

BR

Fabrizio

[Updated on: Tue, 09 October 2018 11:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [railML3.1] TrainDetectionElement and TrainDetectionElementSection [message #1988 is a reply to message #1986] Mon, 15 October 2018 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Messages: 181
Registered: January 2016
Senior Member
Dear Fabrizio,
dear all,

the original idea behind this separation was:

TrainDetectionElement
.... is exactly one element, e.g. one track circuit, covering a certain area.

TrainDetectionElementSection
.... describes an area, where a specific train detection system has been
installed, e.g. track circuits, without mentioning a number of elements.

In your special case, I would choose the TrainDetectionElement, because
you describe one single track circuit, right?

If you think, that such a separation is not needed for the model, we may
think about adapting the model. Please keep in mind, that the IL schema
needs a train detection element (axle counter or track circuit border)
as element with explicit position.

@all: any comment is highly appreciated...

Best regards
Christian

--
Christian Rahmig - Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Phone Coordinator: +49 173 2714509; railML.org: +49 351 47582911
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railml.org


Am 09.10.2018 um 11:17 schrieb Fabrizio Cosso:
> Dear all,
> I need some clarifications on TrainDetectionElements
> representation.
> What's the meaning of TrainDetectionElementSection?
> In particular, I'm interested in modeling trackCircuits:
> it is not clear to me what is the difference between a
> trainDetectionElement of type trackCircuit and a
> TrainDetectionElementSection of type trackCircuit. My understanding
> looking at the model was to use
> arealocation to describe which part of topology were covered
> by track circuits but probably you are describing them a
> differently. May you help me understanding?
> The example is:
> I have 3 networkElements with a switch in the middle. The
> trackCircuit extension is indicated by the === symbol.
> How to represent it?
>                ne2
>           //======------------>
>    ne1   //     ne3
> -----====>=========------------>
>
> Thanks
>
> BR
>
> Fabrizio
Re: [railML3.1] TrainDetectionElement and TrainDetectionElementSection [message #1992 is a reply to message #1988] Sat, 20 October 2018 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joerg von Lingen is currently offline  Joerg von Lingen
Messages: 93
Registered: May 2011
Member
Dear all,

please note the view from interlocking side:

<TrainDetectionElement>
It is an element on the track with a definitive position but without length. It
can be a axle counter detection point, a wheel sensor or an insulated rail
joint. It is NOT an entire track circuit.

<TrainDetectionElementSection>
First it seems to be a duplicate to the functional item <TvdSection> we have in
the interlocking part.
A TVD section is a part of a track (with length) used to detect whether there is
any rail vehicle in it. It is clearly delimited by detection elements or end of
tracks (buffer stop).


Best regards,
Joerg v. Lingen

Interlocking Coordinator
On 15.10.2018 12:56, Christian Rahmig wrote:
> Dear Fabrizio,
> dear all,
>
> the original idea behind this separation was:
>
> TrainDetectionElement
> ... is exactly one element, e.g. one track circuit, covering a certain area.
>
> TrainDetectionElementSection
> ... describes an area, where a specific train detection system has been
> installed, e.g. track circuits, without mentioning a number of elements.
>
> In your special case, I would choose the TrainDetectionElement, because you
> describe one single track circuit, right?
>
> If you think, that such a separation is not needed for the model, we may think
> about adapting the model. Please keep in mind, that the IL schema needs a train
> detection element (axle counter or track circuit border) as element with
> explicit position.
>
> @all: any comment is highly appreciated...
>
> Best regards
> Christian
>
Re: [railML3.1] TrainDetectionElement and TrainDetectionElementSection [message #1993 is a reply to message #1992] Mon, 22 October 2018 19:14 Go to previous message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Messages: 181
Registered: January 2016
Senior Member
Dear Joerg,
dear all,

Am 20.10.2018 um 05:41 schrieb Joerg von Lingen:
> [...]
> <TrainDetectionElementSection>
> First it seems to be a duplicate to the functional item <TvdSection> we have in
> the interlocking part.
> A TVD section is a part of a track (with length) used to detect whether there is
> any rail vehicle in it. It is clearly delimited by detection elements or end of
> tracks (buffer stop).

I conclude that the <trainDetectionElementSection> is redundant to the
interlocking based <tvdSection>. Therefore, I removed it from railML 3.1
infrastructure model. Train detection elements / train detectors can be
modelled using the <trainDetectionElement> element.

Best regards
Christian

--
Christian Rahmig - Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Phone Coordinator: +49 173 2714509; railML.org: +49 351 47582911
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railml.org
Previous Topic: Include track length information in topology
Next Topic: the use of @dir in railML.
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Wed Dec 12 01:58:25 CET 2018