Home » railML newsgroups » railml.interlocking » Clarification on Itineraries
Clarification on Itineraries [message #1759] Thu, 12 April 2018 05:25 Go to next message
Joerg von Lingen is currently offline  Joerg von Lingen
Dear all,

the use case "Routes for timetable simulation" lists as needed information "Itineraries, i.e. sequence of block
sections". However, it shall be clarified, what the term "itineraries" exactly defines.

1) The term "itineraries" stands for a list of single routes representing the running path of a train from OCP1 to OCPx
through the railway network.

2) The term "itineraries" stands for a list of single routes (within one OCP or on open line) as concatenated ones which
might be activated by the controller/interlocking with one single command.

Please give me your understanding on the term.

Best Jörg.
Interlocking coordinator
Re: Clarification on Itineraries [message #1770 is a reply to message #1759] Thu, 19 April 2018 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paolo Girolami is currently offline  Paolo Girolami
See attached pdf, including a list of definitions and the one we prefer.
Thanks
Regards
Paolo Girolami

Re: Clarification on Itineraries [message #1793 is a reply to message #1770] Thu, 10 May 2018 08:55 Go to previous message
Joerg von Lingen is currently offline  Joerg von Lingen
Please do not confuse the English term "itineraries" with the French term "itinéraire".

Here we are speaking about "itineraries" as a list of single routes. However, the question is what are the
characteristics of the single route to come in such a list. See my first post on the issue.

In the end a decision is necessary whether "itineraries" are to be incorporated into interlocking or better timetable.

Paolo Girolami wrote on 19.04.2018 12:44:
> See attached pdf, including a list of definitions and the
> one we prefer.
> Thanks
> Regards
> Paolo Girolami
Previous Topic: Re: Signal characteristics
Next Topic: IL-relevant Signal characteristics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:45:53 CEST 2024