Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » Suggestion for a new use case: run time calculation (Suggestion for a new use case for run time calculation)
Suggestion for a new use case: run time calculation [message #3082] Thu, 04 May 2023 09:44 Go to next message
Torben Brand is currently offline  Torben Brand
Dear railML timetable community,

I have made a mapping of the UC suite of ISO RailDax with railML3 and found that there are some UC missing in railML:
  • Schematic track plans for infrastructure planning OK, "SCTP"
  • Runtime calculations (builds on 1), missing!
  • Network statement of an infrastructure manager annex asset descriptions OK, "NEST"
  • Passenger assets of rolling stock for operational planning, missing!
  • Operational timetable planning (builds on 2,3&4), needs clarification
  • Operational timetable simulation (builds on 5,2&1) OK, "RSIM"
See attached illustration.

Most important here is the UC run time calculation. I hereby suggest creating the use case in the railML community. As ownership relevant use is closest in the timetable community, I suggest doing the work in the TT working group. The good news is that Most of the work is already done! All infrastructure items required are already part of the SCTP UC! 😊 There is need for some minor clean-up work in relation between RTC and SCTP. I will post about this in the IS forum. What is missing is the rolling stock items. Thus, I suggest making a UC «RTCR»: RunTime Calculation for Rolling stock. Although the UC is RS scheme related, the use stems from the TT community (also there is currently no RS working group), thus the suggestion to do the work in the TT working group. I will make a cross post in the RS forum.

If I get the green light for the TT working group, I volunteer to make the first draft. 😊

High level content of RTCI:
  • Tractive capabilities (like effort curve, adhesion...)
  • Braking capabilities
  • Physical properties (like weight and length)
What does the TT community think of this proposal?

Kind regards Torben Brand, Jernbanedirektoratet

[Updated on: Thu, 01 June 2023 19:33] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Fwd: Suggestion for a new use case: run time calculation [message #3092 is a reply to message #3082] Mon, 29 May 2023 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear railML timetable community,

We agreed in our TT working group telco on 4. May that there is a requirement for the runtime calculation use case. Selected members of the TT community volunteered to participate in the development of the UC in a temporary separate subgroup that will report to the TT working group (for the duration of the subgroup). see meeting minutes in railML cloud for details.
The UC will cover input data for runtime calculation, thus the abbreviation "RTCI" was chosen.
Goal is to finish the draft work before summer holiday and do final clean-up in August.

In the SCTP working group telco on the 12.May we agreed that we should make separate sub use cases for a clean approach. This like the ETCS track net use case.
The sub use cases will be:
  • RTCI-a for infrastructure (and possibly interlocking) schema
  • RTCI-b for rolling stock schema
  • RTCI-c for timetable schema
RTCI-a will be first solved in a temporary sub use case "RTC" under SCTP (additional column in the mandatory attribute Excel sheet) in the SCTP working group. I will make a draft, before next SCTP meeting 9. June. Data from here will be moved to RTCI-a later in the clean-up phase.

RTCI-b will be developed by the new TT subgroup RTCI. It will convene on its first meeting online on 6. June 12:00-13:30. Please contact me or railML if you are interested in participating. I will make a draft prior to the meeting.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 June 2023 19:37] by Moderator

Re: Fwd: Suggestion for a new use case: run time calculation [message #3132 is a reply to message #3092] Thu, 21 September 2023 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear TT comunity,

I have just made a post in the infrastructure forum for requirements for sub use case RTCI-a (infrastructure):
https://www.railml.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=3131&a mp;a mp;#msg_3131

This for your information.

[Updated on: Thu, 21 September 2023 17:00]

Re: Fwd: Suggestion for a new use case: run time calculation [message #3134 is a reply to message #3132] Mon, 25 September 2023 08:35 Go to previous message
Dear TT community,

I would like to point to your attention the upcomming SCTP working group meeting THIS Friday, 29.09.2023, 12-13h CEST.
The agenda for the meeting will be amongst others the use case Run Time Calculations (for infrastructure; RTCI-a) and its Use case element requirements specification table.
I would be happy if all members of the RTCI-b working group (sub working group under TT) would attend! Smile

Link to the meeting:
https:// eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fww w.railml.org%2Fen%2Fevent-reader%2Frailml-is-nest-subgroup-t elco-2023-09-29.html&data=05%7C01%7Ctorben.brand%40jernb anedirektoratet.no%7C8a5caa4b190a4c2762fd08dbbd337896%7Ce67a c5947a8749d3abd5e2486182f950%7C0%7C0%7C638311800986969836%7C Unknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLC JBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=nGCLj ELwt8w9kQl3OV%2BV6WWhJ7TeBYOo7YI8%2BNwvJUU%3D&reserved=0

If you cannot access the link please contact Christian Rahmig, IS Coordintator

[Updated on: Mon, 25 September 2023 08:37]

Previous Topic: Extension of railML's Advanced Example
Next Topic: [railML2] Adding the RouteId to the TafTapTsiTrainID
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:06:32 CET 2024