Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » [railML3] meaning and purpose of speedSection.isTemporary is unclear
[railML3] meaning and purpose of speedSection.isTemporary is unclear [message #3009] Sat, 04 June 2022 22:43 Go to next message
Jörgen Strandberg is currently offline  Jörgen Strandberg
Hi,

Looking at railML 3.2 (and probably versions before it too) a speedSection may be defined as temporary using the dedicated isTemporary attribute. The XML Schema and the wiki documents it like this:

"isTemporary: boolean value to indicate whether the speed section is temporary (optional; xs:boolean)"

From <https://wiki3.railml.org/wiki/IS:speedSection#3.2>

As I can find no further documentation and this concept is unknown to me I would like to ask if someone here can elaborate on the meaning and purpose of it.

Could it for example be used to define the basis for a TSR such as one defined by ETCS Packet 65 Temporary Speed Restriction?

Or is it possibly overlapping the purpose of isValid (which additionally includes a time interval)?
Re: [railML3] meaning and purpose of speedSection.isTemporary is unclear [message #3015 is a reply to message #3009] Tue, 14 June 2022 00:08 Go to previous message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Dear Jorgen,

thank you very much for bringing up this question about the time dimension of speed restrictions. The idea, to model a TSR using the element <speedSection>@isTemporary="true" sounds good and I am happy about any practical example that could be added in our wiki.

But what about the potential overlapping with "isValid"?

The child element <isValid> comes from the RailTopoModel and therefore it is available for all functional infrastructure elements (because they derive from RTM class NetEntity). The element <isValid> contains two attributes - @from and @to - which refer to dates (xs:date).

Apart from this, there exists the view <infrastructureStates> inside domain <infrastructure>. An <infrastructureState> defines the state using attribute @value (e.g. "operational"). This state can be linked with a time dimension using the child element <validityTime>.

The task for us in one of our next working group meetings should be to clarify which approach to use for which purpose. Until then, any comment is highly appreciated...

Best regards
Christian

Christian Rahmig – Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org
Previous Topic: [railML3] Modelling of bridges
Next Topic: Definition of Actuators (Point machines) for switches, crossings and derailers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:08:40 CET 2024