Home » railML newsgroups » railML.infrastructure » Sequence of infrastructure-subelements (Sequence of subelements changed in railML3.2 beta compared to railML3.1)
Sequence of infrastructure-subelements [message #2975] Thu, 24 March 2022 11:41 Go to next message
Dominik Looser is currently offline  Dominik Looser
The railML3.2 beta versions show a different order of the subelements of <infrastructure> compared to railML 3.1:

railML3.1:

• <topology>
  • <geometry>
  • <functionalInfrastructure>
  • <physicalFacilites>
  • <infrastructureVisualizations>
  • <infrastructureStates>
railML3.2 beta: (alphabetical order)

• <functionalInfrastructure>
  • <genericLocations>
  • <geometry>
  • <infrastructureStates>
  • <physicalFacilites>
  • <topology>
There already exist two tickets ([1], [2]) to this topic, where it says that the order should stay the same. One ticket is open, one is closed, but the order is still alphabetical.
Will the order stay the same now or will it be reverted to the railML 3.1 order?

For compatibility reasons we would propose to not change the order of the subelements, especially since the order in 3.1 also makes more sense (defining topology first, then going into details with functional infrastructure elements and then their states).

The same topic exists for subelements of <common> [3] and in railML 3.2 beta3 also top-level <railML> where the order of the subelements has changed. If wished, I will gladly create additional posts in the respective forums.

[1] https://development.railml.org/railml/version3/-/issues/446
[2] https://development.railml.org/railml/version3/-/issues/462
[3] https://development.railml.org/railml/version3/-/issues/464

Thank you in advance for feedback
Re: Sequence of infrastructure-subelements [message #2985 is a reply to message #2975] Fri, 01 April 2022 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christian.rahmig is currently offline  christian.rahmig
Dear Dominik,

thank you for your reminder on this topic...
Actually, this is the result of a "feature" in Enterprise Architect. In order to avoid default ordering of elements by alphabet (done automatically by EA), we need to add parameters explicitly defining the sequence of these elements. Milan is now working on this topic to bring the whole railML 3.2 in the right order...

Best regards
Christian

Christian Rahmig – Infrastructure scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org
Re: Sequence of infrastructure-subelements [message #2989 is a reply to message #2985] Mon, 04 April 2022 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Milan Wölke is currently offline  Milan Wölke
Hi all,

I worked my way through infrastructure and common. They should be in the same ordering now. @Dominik: Do you have an automated way of verifying?

Best regards, Milan

Milan Wölke – Timetable scheme coordinator
Re: Sequence of infrastructure-subelements [message #2991 is a reply to message #2989] Mon, 04 April 2022 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominik Looser is currently offline  Dominik Looser
Hi Milan

Thank you for your effort. I don't have an automated way but if you send me the updated xsd-files I can check them by integrating them in our tool and validating our files (with the "old" order) against them. I can however only check the parts that we are actually exporting, so subelements of <railML>, <infrastructure>, <common>. If that would help you, please let me know.

Best regards,
Dominik
Re: Sequence of infrastructure-subelements [message #3000 is a reply to message #2991] Tue, 19 April 2022 09:53 Go to previous message
Milan Wölke is currently offline  Milan Wölke
Hi Dominik,
could you please recheck with the RC1 of railML 3.2? You can download it here: https://www.railml.org/en/download/schemes.html?file=files/d ownload/schemas/3.2/railML-3.2-RC1.zip
Im reasonably confident that it should be fine, but its better to double check.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Milan

Milan Wölke – Timetable scheme coordinator
Previous Topic: [railML3] balise group functional type suggestions
Next Topic: [railML2] bridge type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:47:33 CET 2024