Home » railML newsgroups » railml.timetable » [railML3.2] Cant Deficiency Class for RS and/or TT
[railML3.2] Cant Deficiency Class for RS and/or TT [message #2890] Sun, 30 January 2022 13:46 Go to next message
Joerg von Lingen is currently offline  Joerg von Lingen
Dear all,

for use case ITMS there is the request to have "Cant Deficiency Class" in
rollingstock data. There is reference given to UNISIG Specification SUBSET-026-06.

When looking into chapter 6.5.1.5.34 NC_DIFF it becomes clear the resulting
Static Speed Profile (SSP) is what's needed. The definition of values for
NC_DIFF is the typical mixture of physical values and other conditions. Most of
the values for NC_DIFF are related to a specific value of cant deficiency in mm.
However, there are three values in-between referring to the brake position.

Question: Shall we model in railML the brake position and cant deficiency
separately or as a resulting integer like in UNISIG?

P.S: Be reminded that RS can only take (maximal) values of a train. But TT may
define deviating values/settings according to the needs of the specific run.

--
Best regards,
Joerg v. Lingen - Rollingstock Coordinator
Re: [railML3.2] Cant Deficiency Class for RS and/or TT [message #2894 is a reply to message #2890] Tue, 01 February 2022 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dirk Bräuer is currently offline  Dirk Bräuer
Dear Jörg,

we will surely need possible brake positions separated from cant deficiency classes (as already existing in railML). This leads to possible contradictions between "original" brake positions and such encoded into integers of cant deficiency classes.

I understand that this does not necessarily need to be a direct redundancy. So, I do not dare to have a final conclusion here. However, in such cases it was at least in the past tradition in railML to tend to the basic physical values and leave the higher "aggregated" values to the context of the reading software. (For instance, this also applies to track classes A..E which can only be given within a certain national context. So, railML encodes the basic physical values of axle load and load spread.)

If there would be a resulting integer in railML like in UNISIG, there should also be the "original" cant deficiency separated.

Best regards,
Dirk.
Re: [railML3.2] Cant Deficiency Class for RS and/or TT [message #2939 is a reply to message #2894] Mon, 07 March 2022 19:20 Go to previous message
Milan Wölke is currently offline  Milan Wölke
Hi guys,

Im really not sure this is the right place to discuss this. From my point of view this is a topic that affects IS, RS and TT each. Therefore my understanding would be, that this should be discussed in the "Common" part of the forum. Actually I even found that there actually already is some modelling regarding CantDeficiency done there. So I guess we should take that over there and find out what requirements led to the currently modelled representation.
In general, I would follow Dirks view here, however I am unsure as to if this is what was modelled, nor do I know if it already was published or if it still just is a draft for the upcoming 3.2.

Best regards, Milan

Milan Wölke – Timetable scheme coordinator
railML.org (Registry of Associations: VR 5750)
Altplauen 19h; 01187 Dresden; Germany www.railML.org
Previous Topic: [railML3]: Code points in routes used for TMS
Next Topic: [railML3] Type of train (goods/passenger)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:12:00 CEST 2024